Near the Globe Inn there are many local attractions for you to visit after your time here with us. A leisurely stroll is just the thing to work off our meals and drinks, or for those of you still bursting with stamina why not try one of the longer hikes. Feel free to have a look through some of our favourite places in and around the area.
– Wells Cathedral is commonly regarded as the ’jewel in the crown’ of Wells. Dating back to the 10th century, the beautiful cathedral houses stunning architecture and retains many of its original features such as the medieval clock face, stained glass windows and over 300 statues.
– Cheddar Gorge is the largest gorge in Britain with cliffs that stand over 450 feet high and a large underground network of caverns. The awe-inspiring landscape offers plenty in terms of exploration.
– Wookey Hole is ideal for a family outing. You can venture into the caves and meet the infamous witch of Wookey Hole, visit the Paper Mill that continues to use its original Victorian machinery and experience many more of Wookey Holes attractions that are rich in local history.
– Glastonbury Tor is a hill shrouded in centuries of magic and myth. Visiting the Tor on a clear day allows anyone who travels to the top of the Tor magnificent views of the surrounding areas, stretching for miles around. The fabled Glastonbury Thorn is also thought to have been buried at the bottom of the Tor.
– Glastonbury Abbey was once considered one of the greatest abbeys in the country but now lies in ruin. Situated in an idyllic and unspoiled location, it provides a relaxing change to the chaos of the modern world. The Abbey is also rumoured to be the burial place of the legendary King Arthur.